Attorney at law/Partner
— Knut has more than 25 years’ experience of advising major private and publicly-owned industrial enterprises on tax and related matters, particularly in the renewable energy and other infrastructure sectors. Thanks to his extensive project experience, legal proficiency and insight, Knut is able to assist clients not only with legal advice, but also as a discussion partner for project managers and senior finance executives.
Phone: 95 26 00 44 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main practice areas
- Corporate taxation
- Reorganisations and acquisitions
- Taxation of cooperatives
- Tax situation of non-profit organisations
- Property tax
- Amendment cases
- Company law
About Knut on chambersandpartners.com:
“He replies fast, is very constructive and is always available", report clients. Knut Ekern "always delivers, and is clear and precise", according to clients. He has particular expertise in renewable energy tax issues, and recently assisted Credit Suisse Energy Infrastructure Partners with the development of a wind power project, in relation to tax structuring and due diligence. Clients laud Knut Ekern's "ability to analyse and evaluate the principal and practical challenges in each situation, and quickly provide good suggestions". He advises clients across a wide range of sectors, including rail transport, renewable energy and retail.
- 1992 Law degree, University of Oslo
- 2019 – Advokatfirmaet Harboe & Co AS, partner
- 1995 – 2019 Advokatfirmaet PricewaterhouseCoopers AS, partner since 2000
- 1992 – 1995 Central Office – Company Tax Affairs, legal adviser
- Lecturer in various tax-related forums, including Energy Norway.
- Articles on tax-related subjects in the periodicals Skatterett, Revisjon og Regnskap and Energi.